Market Platform Dynamics (MPD) is dedicated to the meaningful discussion of issues in the areas of strategy, marketing, business, economics and current industry news. The following policy applies to all articles submitted to MPD.
- When an article is submitted to MPD, it is understood that the article has been submitted by the sole owner of the article. It is also understood that it does not infringe on any copyright, violate any property rights, or contain scandalous, libelous, or unlawful matter.
- MPD assures the author that the intellectual property of the author’s content will be safeguarded and MPD will not use ideas or distribute the content in any way without explicit permission from the author.
- Prior to publication, advice regarding specific or limited aspects of the article may be sought from colleagues with specific expertise; the author’s identity and intellectual property will remain secure in these instances.
- All published material is copyrighted by Market Platform Dynamics. This copyright does not limit the author’s right to use his or her own material in future works.
- Obtaining permission to use copyrighted material or data for tables, figures and exhibits is the responsibility of the submitting party.
- MPD editors will provide comments and critiques in a confidential, constructive, and unbiased manner. MPD has the final authority over the acceptance or rejection of any item in the submitted article.
- It is important that deadlines are honored. All deadlines agreed to by the author are typically inflexible. However, if the author provides sufficient notification to the editors, adjustments will be considered.
- No payment is made for articles, photography, or other submissions.
Articles are to be submitted to the editor via e-mail. In the body of the e-mail, please include an abstract of the article. The complete article may be a word document or a PDF file and should be attached to the e-mail. It should contain all text, references, tables, figures and exhibits. Authors should keep a copy of the original for future reference. All citations must be referenced, and all references must be cited in the text.
On the cover page, please include the name of author(s) and title; including present position, complete address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address (if available). Please acknowledge any financial or technical assistance.
Authors must submit an updated bio and (if available) a photo. The bio should be no more than 200 words.
Article submissions are evaluated on the depth and scope of the ideas presented as well as the clarity of writing. MPD suggests following these basic guidelines:
- Write for readability, with varied sentence structure.
- If it is a research based paper, reduce the discussion of methodology to a minimum. Focus on providing “actionable” information.
- Avoid using technical terms that few readers are likely to understand. If you decided to use more technical terms, make sure to include a definition. MPD has a diverse and global audience, so avoid colloquialisms.
- Keep sentences tidy and to the point. There is only a limited amount of space to share a viewpoint; MPD recommends using the space efficiently.
For details on article preparation not covered here, see Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Authors, Editors, and Publishers, 15th edition, Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2003, or The Elements of Style (Strunk and White).
For specific questions on content or editorial policy, please contact MPD.